Wednesday 16 April 2014

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #173 - Ice Cream Colours


It's time for a new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - and the theme this week is Ice Cream Colours! So... decisions, decisions... I first thought neopolitan ice cream - brown and cream for the owl, then pink for the grad cap and gown...  Now, I don't know about you, but I always look for the background paper and card first to make sure that the colours I use on the images match, so while I was looking for a suitable background paper (convinced that I have a piece of wide striped neopolitan coloured paper somewhere - and probably still do!) I came across this fun green circle paper and decided that mint choc chip would be my colour scheme!

There is a fab prize up for grabs this week, so pop on over to http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ and join in: 
Robyn's Fetish - 3 digi images

Stitchy Bears - $10 gift certificate 

I am adding this to the following:
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes - April Link Up
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy - April Linky Party

Materials Used:
Robyn's Fetish - Smart Owl digi image
GraphIt Markers - 1230, 3210, 3250, 3255, 4110, 8110, 8220, 8250, 9203, 0000 (to create a bit of texture on the owl's tummy)
Hunkydory - Boys 'n' Men paper pad, white square card blank
Brother Scan N Cut - to cut the owl image
Core'Dinations - brown and green card

Hole punch, embossing tool and mat - to make the "dotz"
 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this luscious green made me think of lime sherbet! Yummy! I am one of those people who color the image first & then madly try to find paper to match....I keep telling myself I will change but old habits die hard! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this cute owl he's Great, I love the colour combo it's great.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and perfect coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Jeannie
    TTCRD Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. That owl is just too cute and I love all the green that's happening on this card, looks fantastic.
    Thanks so much for sharing your project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x