Sunday 3 November 2013

London Tilda - Singing in the Rain


Hi!  I have a card to share with you today using some of the new Magnolia Little London collection stamps.  I haven't bought any Magnolia stamps for ages, but this set really caught my eye, so I had to add a few of them to my collection and have a play as soon as they arrived!

I chose some of my favourite backing papers from the Kraftyhands Chic Boutique CD which you can currently get at a super duper price in their online shop!  I cut two different sized square doilies with my Silhouette Cameo and layered them all up.

To create the focal image for the card, I stamped London Tilda, created a mask and then stamped the phone booth to make it look like its behind her.  Then coloured with Copics, and created a faux stitch detail around the scene and the layers of backing paper already on the card.

Having stuck the image onto the card, I knew it needed more but struggled to decide what for a while.  After die cutting several flowers and swirls, I decided to start again and print a double sided piece of paper using the two designs from the CD I had chosen as my backing papers.  I die cut several Chinese roses from this paper, rolled and glued them to create the flowers, then cut the leaves using a pink Copic pen to colour the leaves while still in the die.

I then stamped sentiment onto some of the backing paper and die cut it with a Spellbinder circle (as I am rubbish at cutting circles freehand), and layered it onto a lacey circle.  Finally gluing everything onto the card, which I think is rather pretty - I hope you agree!

I am adding this card to:
Crafting When We Can - #56 Make Your Own Flowers
Crafting With Dragonfiles - #14 Make Your Own Flower
Tilda's Town Challenges - #77 Anything Goes
Magnolia-licious - Tuesday Challenge Anything Goes

Materials Used:
Magnolia - London Tilda, Vintage Phone Booth stamps
LOTV - Sentiment stamp
Copics - E000, E00, E01, E02, E50, E51, E53, E33, B91, B93, B95, B97, R81, R83, R85, R89, YG61, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7
American Crafts - Pink precision pen 0.5mm
Kraftyhands - Chic Boutique CD
Spellbinders - Classic leaf die set, lacey circles, classic circles
Marianne Designs - Chinese rose dies
Silhouette Cameo - square doily cute in two sizes
Hunkydory - 8x8" white card blank

10 comments:

  1. I love the flowers you've created. This is a great layout and that image is so cute. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies this week.
    Hugs Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! I can't wait to ink her up! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Loving the way you colored and your flowers are too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Mandy. These stamps are perfect together.Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town. Hugs Babi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully created. I love both of these darling stamps. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely use of a very cute stamp. Your rolled roses are fabulous too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Wonderful image and really beautiful handmade roses! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting When We Can! Hugs, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, this is gorgeous, and love all the layers, great composition, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, what a cute, cute Tilda! Delightful card and so charming! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x