Saturday 10 November 2012

Time For Adventure


Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

So, I spent some time looking at the "idea" of Steampunk, cards and altered art and all I can say is there are some awesome artists out there and fantastic work for us to look at!  Not sure if I will ever get there, but trying to take a bit of it all on board, here is a different take on the Steampunk idea from me! Not sure its really me, but I'm rather pleased with the result and I think I am getting closer to "Steampunk" :-)

I've used a tag and backing papers from the Kraftyhands Steampunk Emporium CD (available later this month, or this weekend at the NEC show), some Sizzix Tim Holtz dies, Core'dinations card, Ranger Distress ink, some text and a staple!  Hopefully this shows that you can take something and make many different looks - it all depends on your own style!


I am entering this card in Through The Craftroom Door - Challenge #43 Anything Goes

Materials Used:
Kraftyhands - Steampunk Emporium CD
Sizzix/Tim Holtz - Steampunk, Gadget Gears and Weathered Clock dies
Core'dinations - black card (sorry not sure which card stack this is from), Sand It gadget
Serif - Craft Artist Professional to print the text on one of the Kraftyhands backgrounds
Ranger - Black Soot Distress ink
Staple - from my desk :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Mandy. I have just started printing mine .Hopefully will get some inspiratioat some point today. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that colour combo
    Sorry i have been a bad blogger of late
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your venture into Steampunk! Love the tag, the design, the gears & clock, the paper & colors, and your sentiment! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x