Saturday 10 November 2012

Time Flies


Here is the last of my Steampunk style cards for now - and it turned out very differently to what I had in my mind when I started!  For this one I embossed a mask, sanded the image and then cut out the inner "blank" pieces to form the main image.  The background was printed from the Steampunk Emporium CD and stamped with a chicken wire image (a new purchase which I can see coming in very handy). The face image was printed and cut out with a Spellbinder circle die (as I hate trying to cut circles...), I also printed some text onto one of the backing papers on the CD.  Everything was inked and or distressed, layered up and this is the result!


I am entering this card in Through The Craftroom Door - Challenge #43 Anything Goes

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend - I am off to cook dinner and watch Strictly Come Dancing :-)

Materials Used:
Kraftyhands - Steampunk Emporium CD
Sizzix/Tim Holtz - Weathered Clock die
Spellbinder - Classic Circles
Creative Expressions - Chicken wire rubber stamp
Ranger - Black Soot Distress Ink
That Special Touch - Winged Dress Form mask
Core'Dinations - black card, Sand It Gadget
Serif Craft Artist Professional - to print the text (LD Punch Out)

4 comments:

  1. Very unique Steampunk card! Love the papers, the elements, and the distressing! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant card mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on steampunk! Thanks so very much for joining our challenge at Through the Craftroom Door this week. We hope you'll join us again next week!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x