Sunday 11 November 2012

Keep Calm and Tumble!


My OH's youngest son is taking part in a gymnastic competition today, and he asked me to make a good luck card for him.  I have a few lovely girly gymnast rubber stamps, but I obviously couldn't use those!  Well, you've no idea how hard it is to find digi images or cutting machine images of male gymmasts!!! Perhaps with the success of our fabulous Team GB Olympic gymnasts this summer we may see more! And if I could draw I would design my own, but I can't which is why I love rubber stamps :-) The few that I did find really weren't suitable, then it came to me - being a bit of a "fontaholic" I thought about looking for a sporty image font that might give me something to work with - I found tons, but I chose one called "Sport 4 Ever", and used Craft Artist Professional to create the blue backgound and add "Keep Calm" text and the gymnast image.

Good Luck in the competition today Jack!

Materials Used:
Serif - Craft Artist Professional to create the image
Fonts - Sport 4 Ever, Keep Calm
Joanna Sheen - Gentle gloss photo paper
Craftwork Cards - white A6 card blank

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea Mandy. Our little Megan is in a competion next weekend and the weekend after.
    Good luck to your son.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x