Friday 9 November 2012

Get Well Steampunk Style


Here is my second Steampunk card to share with you - what do you think?  Having printed out some toppers and backing papers from the soon to be released Steampunk Emporium CD from Kraftyhands I die cut a pile of gears/cogs from gold mirri card using the Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets set. After using a few on my first card which I distressed, I decided to get out some alcohol inks (now these don't come out very often as I haven't really mastered the inky, grungy look) and ink some of them up.

You can see the result of the inking a little better here.



Now, I know that this is probably not what most people think of as 'traditional' Steampunk, but I quite like it!  However, it probably is still a bit on the 'clean' side, so I am off to do some research on the internet to see if I can come up with anything a bit closer to what you see in the magazines.

I am adding this card to the Make It Monday - Linky Party #114

Materials Used:
Kraftyhands - Steampunk Emporium CD
Spellbinders - Sprightly Sprockets and Classic Circles
Ranger - Denim Alcohol Ink
Crafts U Print - Crafty Bob's Premium Gloss Craft Photo Paper
Craftwork Cards - white card


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy I love this second steampunk card it is just as awesome as the first. I saw you on MIM and had to have a closer look and I am glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card I never knew what steampunk was and I really like the look. I saw your card on Make it Monday. Glad I stopped by got a closer look on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing!!...You really do steam punk beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at "Make it Monday"...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x